Here’s to accomplishing our goals in 2020!
I’ve started a new Twitter account. As a general rule I avoid social media, so this is more of an experiment. I wouldn’t be surprised if I closed this account tomorrow. We’ll see what happens.
Twitter handle is MikeTheBlogger9. You can find me here.
The doctor says that I don’t necessarily have a hernia. He’s giving me some steroids for the inflammation and hopefully after a week or two this will clear up. If it doesn’t then it’s time to check with an MRI.
My biggest worry is a possible surgery. Hopefully it won’t come to that. The doctor seemed think it wasn’t a worst case scenario.
So I got sick for a couple weeks and now that I’m back I’ve come to realize how unhealthy I’ve become. Back in high school I weighed 185 lbs but now I’m all the way up to 200. I also eat a lot more junk food than I used to and I don’t work out even close to as much as back then. My goal for the next few weeks is to work out at least five days per week doing whatever I can and eating healthy as much as I can.
My workout routine will be as follows:
- Jiu-jitsu twice per week.
- Walking for half an hour to an hour during nightly workouts.
- Weightlifting in the mornings when I can fit it into my schedule.
- At least 7-8 hours sleep at night.
- Fruit only after a workout
- 3-5 servings vegetables per day.
- Whole grains (pasta and bread). Maybe a baked potato now and then.
- Nuts and legumes.
- Deli meat. Little to no dairy.
- One fish oil per day and one multivitamin per two days.
- A cheat meal every Sunday.
The endgame is to eventually get down to 175 lbs. I’m not sure how long weight loss is supposed to take. I read in a book 1-2 pounds a week is a safe number so that’s what I’m gunning for. That’s my master plan. From now on Wednesdays are reserved for updates on my weight loss.