I’ve decided to increase my reading to help me with my writing. I’m going to attempt a book a week. Here are some of the books and series that I have in mind:
- It by Stephen King
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- American Gods series by Neil Gaiman
- The Way Of Kings series by Brandon Sanderson
- His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman
- The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher
That should be enough to occupy me for a good bit. In the meantime I’m building a very long list.
This past couple months I’ve been going to a book club at the local library. We meet every third Monday. The kind of books being read aren’t the type I prefer as they’re typically not entertainment oriented but I’m giving this a chance.
I’ve wanted to be part of a book club for a while and now that I’m in one I’m not sure what to make of it. The topics we discuss keep me awake at night. It takes a lot to calm down before bed and these books don’t do that. It’s kind of like adding a small amount of work to the day when I’ve got so much else going on. I’m not sure if I’ll keep going but as I said I’m giving this group a chance. I can always leave if it doesn’t work out.